Thursday, October 7, 2010

Marathon is THIS WEEKEND!!!!


I can't believe it.

So. I'm excited and nervous, but mostly just looking forward to sharing the experience with my dad.

Sabina, Andrew and I will be flying to Chicago on Saturday, and departing on Monday afternoon.

Dad and I will be wearing yellow tanks that read "Good Grief" on the back (and our names on the front), just in case you'll be attending the race. And yes, we'll be with the latter bunch of runners, not the elites :) If you won't be able to watch the marathon, you can stalk my dad and me during the marathon: http://www.textinterface.com/pls/text/TF_BACM_DT. My bib is #15496.

Life got really busy this week, and I've barely had much of a chance to even THINK about the race, let alone prepare for it (do I bring band-aids? what should I eat this week? do I have a private moment with peanut butter ice cream and let it know we'll be seeing less of each other soon?) . . . tomorrow I hope to steal some moments to just meditate before the big day, to think about what I've learned, accomplished, slacked on, etc. etc. before the moment passes. Although, I'm thinking about running another marathon next year. . .

3 comments:

  1. Go Mira, go!!!

    Big you-can-do-its from Heather, Ben, and Osh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks you guys!!!!! also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvWh6PMi9Ek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mira and Philip. i'm so impressed at your fundraising...I have a series of training mp3's for running and jogging. They have running music combined with personal Trainer narration...and i wonder if you could use them to help your fundraising....if you are interested just let me know..free of course, i'm doing this because we have a charity also and it's doing really well!
    www.jogpods.com

    Kind Regards
    Craig

    ReplyDelete